Wednesday, March 19, 2014

 
 
Visiting in the hall after the best meeting yet
 
Day 47:
Exhausted might literally be the understatement of the century. Flagging down a taxi at two in the morning- I am just thankful we got Ellie to the airport safely. I am also thankful, I realized as I observed other taxi drivers in this city, that we got the driver we did. We didn't really understand each other but he sure was nice and laughed at all our jokes and played cool jazz music that we awkwardly snapped to on our way to and from the airport.
Taxi and airports aside, it was a great day. Seeing as it is almost four in the morning, I don't remember a lot of details but I do know that I went out in service, I cooked up a storm, and I left meeting feeling loved. Loved. This is the night that marks the moment when I felt like a part of the Lisbon English Congregation, officially. We are talking stay in the Kingdom Hall until they kick us out after meeting kind of initiation. Not only do I have service plans booked for weeks but I also have invitations to outings, to peoples homes, I even got hug. Portuguese people don't hug. Best meeting yet.
I started the night on a high and it is still such a wonderful evening. When it sinks in later that Ellie is gone to Washington state, I will come off of my cloud. For now, though, I will enjoy the feeling.
Today's Positives:
Everything; minus saying goodbye to Ellie
Beautiful weather that I enjoyed to the full
I flagged down a taxi like no other- wish I had that moment on video
Have so much to look forward to that I am excited for the next few weeks and all the days filled with wonderful memories to come
The campaign is starting on Saturday and I feel so ready to explode with gratitude for the memorial of the ransom sacrifice
I get to visit a street of umbrellas soon like I have always dreamed because they set one up today in town!!!
I feel very up built and very much wanted here in Lisbon English congregation

No comments:

Post a Comment