Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Day 40:
I started out the day with service plans in the sunshine. Tiago invited me out to visit some of his calls around town. For three hours we walked the "City of Seven Hills" and searched for return visits. Below is a picture of what sores typically look like here- we don't knock, we push intercoms buttons until somebody speaks to us and buzzes us in. Unfortunately, the person to let us in usually lives on the fifth floor. To be honest, I really love all the walking and wish I could add that to our service norms back in the states. With the sun and the warmth and the good association, I believe this is the happiest I have ever been out in service.
 
 
 
 
After service, I found a pleasant surprise on my bed. One of my lovely roommates had left a bouquet on my bed... and planned a special surprise for me tomorrow! On top of that, Ellie from Oregon arrived today and this next week is jam packed with amazing adventures. From concerts, Australian veggie mite parties, wine tasting, museums, dinner with a group of friends, tourist sights, beaches, and service- I am feeling very excited for the next few days but especially for day 41!
Today's Positives:
I spoke to people on the bus and in the streets about Jehovah
We added a new friend to our Campolide Group
The weather is like summer and beings out the best in everything!
I have no time to be sad about anything!!!
Tomorrow is going to be absolutely wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment