Saturday, March 15, 2014

Day 43:
Today has been such a roller coaster of a day that I think it would be best of I just stated the positives from beginning to end and forget all the in between.
Positives:
Woke up and had a nice brunch at a cute café with the girls
 
 
Had a nice afternoon strolling in the sunshine and exploring
Made it to meeting and enjoyed a wonderful talk and Watchtower study
During the Watchtower, the brother conducting the study made an interesting point that I took to heart. He stated that we, all those in this particular hall at this particular moment, had the very special privilege of experiencing firsthand the slightest of glimpses into what Jehovah's Kingdom will do for mankind. I looked around and saw the diversity within the seats if the hall and knew what he meant. People of all nations, united in worship. This realization and appreciation for this opportunity made my desire to give back to this congregation and to Jehovah burn even more so than it has been since we got here.
After meeting, we met Justin at a venue in town to see a concert. It was Miguel (the singer from day 35) and his band, the Brass Wires Orchestra. It was amazing!
 
 
We are all exhausted from the day. It has been full of it's ups and downs, but in the end all I have to do is focus on the positives. I have wonderful friends and a wonderful spiritual family here. I have the love and support of so many people. Each day, I am constantly being refined, renewed, strengthened, and reminded of the many blessings that I possess and I am not going to let anything distract me from that.
Another positive- tomorrow is another fun filled day. We start with service, go to the museum of modern art with friends, and then we head out to some hot spots in Lisbon.
I'm excited for another good day, day 44.
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment