Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Day 53:
Campaign work today was an exciting venture. Not only did we have a fresh territory downtown, but we got to show Meghan the sights along the way. From the fountains, to the statues, the lookout in Principe Real, to the tiny alleyways- we walked the streets and preached along the way.


 

It's really exciting to have somebody here that we get to tour around. I feel like a tour guide in ways and often have to remind myself that I am a but of a tourist too. My family would be so proud of me for being able to get around a European town without getting lost (even the girls are shocked at times when I make it home after a walk by myself). Once you walk the streets enough, you start to realize that this whole place is just one big circle with hills that collide together at a central point. From Marques de Pombal you can get anywhere. Not to say I am an expert- every time I leave the apartment I find something new- but I am excited that I'm becoming familiar with my surroundings.

After service we made our way back to the apartment to check on Makenzie. She is still sick and stuck in bed. I had some time to kill before my study this evening, so I whipped up some lentil soup for Makenzie and made tacos and rice and beans for my other roommates before I headed out for round two of ministry plans today. As evening fell, the temperature dropped drastically. Thankfully, Ellie and I were headed to a study inside a warm building with Sophie; a 16 year old girl whose family came from Africa. While she read, I could tell that Sophie struggled with English- at one point I worried if she understood the language well enough to grasp the message we were sharing. Then she spoke about what she read. It amazed me how much she could know and how excited it made her, despite the slight language barrier. Studying with Sophie made me so excited for her and so excited to conduct a study of my own someday with somebody as progressive and honest hearted as Sophie.
Today's Positives:
went out in service with Audry and Meghan
was able to tour Meghan around and show her some cool places
discovered a few new places to try before we leave Portugal
Makenzie is starting to feel better
spent some time with Ellie- always a positive :)
Had an amazing study with a bright bible student
 

No comments:

Post a Comment