Saturday, March 8, 2014

 


 
 
Day 36:
The sun brought the city to life today. People swarmed the streets and filled every corner of every park to be found. We, of course, saw it as an opportunity to preach so we spent the day roaming about the town with our ears open. Children were laughing, old men played dominoes in the park, teenagers kicked around soccer balls in the field- this is what many say it is like in the summer. Between the warmth and the general elated sense of well being; I could get used to Lisbon in the summer.
Staying out until the meeting in the preaching work, I had gotten the opportunity to speak with some foreigners- a few exchange students from the states, some tourists, and a man asking for money. Overall, it was good to be out and to speak with people.
Meeting, as always, proved to be just what I needed. "He will call on me, and I will answer him. I will be with him in distress. I will rescue him and glorify him" Psalms 91:15.  As I pondered over the talk and watchtower, a sense of peace and reassurance entered my mind and heart. There have been moments when I have felt overwhelmed, especially in a situation such as the one I find myself in now, but to be reminded that I have a stronghold where my faith lies... I know these next few weeks, despite what challenges may come our way, are going to be some of the most strengthening and life changing weeks of our lives.
After making plans for every day this and next week with various friends in the hall, we all headed back to the apartment for a movie and now we lay to rest- excite for our plans tomorrow. Day 37- we'll see what happens.
Today's Positives:
Makenzie and I dogged a water balloon that some kid tried to drop on us while we were out in service today
Audry and I scoped out a new university for us to work
The weather was absolutely perfect
Meeting tonight built us up in so many ways and helped remind us that relying on Jehovah is the only way to get through anything
 

No comments:

Post a Comment