Monday, March 24, 2014

Day 52:
I lied. We didn't really run around the town today. Instead, we went and picked up Meghan from the airport early this morning! We quickly learned that Monday morning is not good for metros and buses seeing as everyone and their mother takes public transportation at the same time. Crowds of people and unsanitary public transportation aside; Audry, Meghan, and I made it back to Campolide safely.
For the rest of the day, my three roommates slept while I studied and cleaned and made brownies... I think I am beginning to go stir crazy but I feel better knowing they are getting rest that is much needed and that I avoid the rain at the expense of a few extra hours of looking over bible based literature and trying my hand at learning a few phrases in new languages. When Ellie arrived from work, I was so grateful that she asked to go on a run with me. It has been a long while since my running shoes have touched cobblestone- what with my minor leg problem from a few runs ago and the fact that we have been tour guides and pioneers with hardly any free time. I love being so busy, though.

 
At the end of the day, I got my running around town in- literally. We ran to places that were new to us. Places where gypsies hide under bridges and the sun sets over the hills of grass hidden somewhere deep within a concrete jungle. So we end the day with a movie together and some more Bible reading. Tomorrow we try our hand at the campaign work!
Today's Positives:
I took full advantage of the opportunity to get some studying accomplished
Meghan has arrived safely!
I went on my first run in a while and it felt amazing- I didn't want it to end
Makenzie got some good rest so she can feel better and get over this cold faster
Campaign work tomorrow!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment