Thursday, March 13, 2014

Day 41:
Today marked for me a very somber anniversary. Spending the rime away from my family and so far from home had me worried a bit but, with friends like mine, I should have known that they would make today an amazing day. They kept me too busy to be sad. With  the help of a few friends in Bethel, my wonderful roommates found a way to get us a tour of the Portuguese branch!

The branch has 57 family members, all working to keep a great number of congregations, foreign language groups, and diverse territories organized and well fed throughout the country. From the recording rooms to the shipping department, we spent the morning touring Bethel. We learned about the ban on the witnesses that lasted u until the eighties in Portugal. We saw Jeronimo's translation of the bible in Latin- La Biblia Vulgata. We even ad the privilege of meeting and eating lunch with the Bethel family!


 
 
After our tour and lunch at Bethel, our friend Jonathan took u out to tour Cascais. Our first stop was the beach. Sunny and warm, I was the perfect day to play in the sand. Walking down town barefoot and driving along the coastline, we ha a wonderful afternoon and evening viewing parts of Portugal that most visitors never get the chance to see.




So the day comes to an end and here are my positives:
I feel so blessed to be a part of such a wonderful and true organization
Bethel was such a faith-strengthening experience, seeing Jehovah's hand in providing for His followers
I spent the day with some of the most amazing friends one could ask for- friends who I am so thankful to have in my life and love with all my heart
We had good times and lots of laughs in the sun
Today marks a new anniversary- my first Bethel visit ever!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment