Saturday, March 29, 2014

 
on our way to the kingdom hall
 
 
Day 57:
"Remember, then, your Grand Creator... before the days of distress come". Discussing those who strive to serve Jehovah to the full who aren't grouped in with "youths" really hit home for me during the Watchtower study tonight. Sure, last week's article on serving Jehovah with your youth also sank deep into the pit of my heart, but today I could look around the congregation or reflect on people in my life who are such an amazing example pertaining to the counsel given at Ecclesiastes 12:1 rather than just focus on myself. The whole study, one example in particular stood out in my mind of a woman I know and love very dearly whom had been retired, had lost her husband, her son, and her daughter in death- who had struggled through caring for them in their infirmity and with helping to raise their children. When I think about all this woman has been through and when I see where she is now- how she packed up her things and moved halfway across the country to serve where there is a greater need instead of just take it easy or give up- not only do I love and cherish/admire her even more than I ever realized, but I know, too, that if it weren't for her I would not be where I am today. Tonight, I thought a lot about my real life "Anna"(Luke 2:36-38)- the one who probably will never know that her example touches people the way it does.
After meeting, Makenzie and I were fairly determined to go back to the apartment and consume ridiculous amounts of chicken soup while watching movies in our pj's just the two of us seeing as we are still ill and everyone else was going to the premier of Captain America. Long story short, we wound up having a party in our kitchen- dinner at eleven with a group of people whose movie date got cancelled. Were we disappointed that we didn't get our night in with halls and vix just the two of us? Let's just say that sometimes things don't turn out how you plan (or in our case- things never turn out like you plan), they turn out better. We had a wonderful evening with our friends in our apartment.
Speaking of plans- to make up for our being sick and stuck inside this past week and a half, we are going to Spain next weekend! For the next few days, though, we will focus on service and getting healthy again.
 
Today's Positives:
Got a lot of studying accomplished
Did  some online search work to hide from the rain
Found the meeting to be incredibly up building tonight
Made plans to fill these last few weeks in Europe
Had a nice evening with a few friends


P.S.
Grandma, this one's for you. Love and miss you and thank you for being an amazing example

3 comments: