Monday, February 10, 2014



Graffiti Wall in town
 

Day 10:   Today was a very relaxing day for us all. Some of us, who shall remain unnamed, decided to sleep in until noon, so our day got off to a slow start. Once the household was awake, we decided to go to the café on the corner of our street and read the daily text together. From there, Audry and I set off for the mall. We had groceries to get, time to kill, so we shopped. It was interesting to see all the European brands and stores- some familiar, some not so much. I may or may not have purchased a Portuguese Kimono type of dress while out, but it made me happy.
After our time wandering, Audry and I met the rest of the girls at home. We ate, did our chores, and then sat down for a night of family worship. It was our first one together, and it went fairly well- after the hour of goofing off subsided and we all focused. The Bible reading proved to be fairly encouraging for us, seeing how Jacob had to flee from everything he knew and survive on his own because it was what he was told to do- we all felt as though we could relate. As far as our own anxieties about being in the unfamiliar- some nights they hit us very hard. The nights when we think we are alone, or the nights that we are reminded about a past mistake and are feeling so desperate and unworthy of the blessings we have of being here, or the nights when memories of unsettling life events creep into our minds and we just wish to be back in the arms of our families. Then I remember the reading and Jacob, the emails I get and comments from people who love and support us very much, the late night video chats while I cry because I fear I have disappointed someone, the smiles on faces in the hall as they warmly greet us, the four girls in this cold house with me... and of course, the one whom we came here to serve and how happy we know He is with us. At the end of the day- this uneventful day- I feel refreshed and ready to face day eleven with a sound heart knowing that Jehovah is my stronghold and everything is going to be alright. Search work tomorrow is going to be rejuvenating in a whole new way!

1 comment: