Friday, February 7, 2014

Day 7: Today we got to be tourists! A brother from the hall, Fabio, was taking his visiting friend from Germany around the city to sight see and kindly invited us to go along for the tour. It was absolutely beautiful! We started with a late breakfast (we slept through our alarms) at a famous bakery and café in the heart of the city. The pastries were so warm and fresh- with their flaky dough and custard filling- it was a promising start to the day.
As we walked the streets, the six of us asked questions about each other. I learned much about my new friends and what it is like to grow up in Europe where it is so easy to travel to many different countries and to become so culturally experienced. All the talk of places around the world had intensified my desire to continue traveling so much so that I fear I have created a monster within myself. Europe, Africa, Australia... I want to see it all! But the cobblestone streets of Lisbon, Portugal lay beneath my feet at this moment and I am so intent on absorbing every part of here and now while I can.
Sorry this entry isn't as long or descriptive as the rest but pictures are worth a thousand words so here is day 7 https://www.facebook.com/jasmine.contreras.336/media_set?set=a.617177561683295.1073741830.100001731692011&type=1 The monuments, the statues, the friends, the castle! Lisbon to the best of my abilities. But it is only the seventh of many days to come. Tomorrow we head out for a full day of service and then meeting at 6:15! Day 8, here we come!
 

2 comments: