Friday, April 18, 2014

Day 77:
Leaving the house feeling like you could drop at any second isn't the most fun way to spend a Friday morning- or any morning for that fact. But I was happy to go out in service and to spend the morning in the sun with Meghan. We made our way through downtown, searching for people to speak to. Most were tourists from countries in Europe. Everywhere we turned we heard mixtures of French and German, Portuguese and Spanish, and some English. Everyone seemed in a hurry, though, searching for places and things and people in their tourist attempt to cram every possible cobblestone into their weekend in Portugal.
After a while of searching, we stopped in a café for a pick me up. Between the macchiato and the lemon meringue tart- I would have to say that I helped Meghan have a good morning. Mission complete, we packed up to leave the café. The lady behind the counter asked if I read in Portuguese. Slightly confused, I asked her what she meant. Pointing to the magazines in my hand, I finally understood why she got the impression that I read Portuguese. I spent a few minutes telling her about our volunteer work here and how we were searching for English speaking people to share some good news with but I carried magazines in multiple languages (Bengali, Portuguese, Nepali) just in case we found someone who was interested. After she accepted the magazines that I offered her, Meghan and I headed home. From there, I finally got to collapse. Sick again, I stayed in bed and studied the rest of the day away. All together, it's been a wonderful day.
Today's Positives:
Shared the truth with somebody
Spent the morning in the sun with Meghan
Studied a lot about Jehovah's great love for us and his purpose for creation and for love
Rested in hopes that I can feel better for a trip to Porto on Sunday

No comments:

Post a Comment